ISF Waterloo is delighted to invite you the the next presentation in its series of inspirational and educational talks. This will take place at the school on Tuesday, 27 February at 17:30. You will find an invitation attached. This is a free event so please feel free to invite anyone who may find this interesting. Free childcare facilities will also be provided for the duration of the session. If you will require this facility, please mention in your registration email.
Jeroen Janss will present a session on mindfulness. He will focus on what mindfulness is and how it can help you flourish and cope better with stress. It will focus in particular on mindfulness in education and how it supports children, teachers and parents alike.
Jeroen Janss is the co-founder of Brussels Mindfulness and a father of 3. Like many in Brussels he has an international background, having lived and worked in several countries. After 15 years at an international consulting firm, he decided to focus on teaching yoga and mindfulness and is certified in both areas. He has been teaching mindfulness at European Institutions, NATO and other organisations as well as at schools (ISB, European Schools and local schools).
During this session Jeroen will explain what mindfulness is. We will review the latest research from Oxford University and practice several short meditations together.
Programme highlights are bulleted below:
- Introduction by Belinda Yates on why the school decided to organise a session on Mindfulness
- 3 minute meditation to allow everyone to experience mindfulness and become more present
- Brief overview of Mindfulness (definition, background, research, benefits, mindfulness in schools, video of children meditating)
- 10 minute meditation followed by questions and answers
- How does one learn to be more mindful (courses, developing a regular practice etc)